Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oliver Stone Fully Supports His Son Sean's Decision To Convert To Islam

Famed director Oliver Stone fully supports his son Sean's decision to convert to Islam, but the actor-turned-filmmaker fears others in Hollywood may not be so accepting.

Sean Stone, who has appeared in several of his father's films, underwent a conversion ceremony in Iran earlier this month (Feb. 12) and he has confirmed his Oscar-winning dad is happy with his decision to become a Muslim.

He tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "My dad said, 'Allah be with you.' My father understands that I am trying to bridge certain gaps and bring about peace."

However, Sean fears others in the movie industry may now be reluctant to give him work, adding, "Having people within the film industry express a reluctance to work with me now that I have said a simple prayer... I am sure I have (angered) some powerful people....

"People have speculated that I have done this because I am from a spoiled family or that I am lost and trying to find myself. That is ridiculous. I don't care if I get criticized. If I can open up a debate about religion and create some understanding, then it is worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment